At Bishop & Hayes P.C. attorneys Brad Bishop and Tim Hayes have for the last 15 years focused their practice on solely auto injury cases in Joplin Missouri, Springfield Missouri and the surrounding areas. We wanted to share some statistics from the Missouri Statistical Analysis Center’s most recent study of Construction and Work Zone Accidents in the State of Missouri. As advocates of victims and their families of serious auto injuries in these types of injury cases, we feel it is vital to hire an experienced attorney who will have the legal knowledge and experience to handle these complicated cases. The following is the findings of this study:
Missouri Construction and Work Zone Accident Statistics
The following information is from the (MSAC) which identified construction and other work zone involvement in Missouri auto accidents across the state. Construction and work zone accidents are defined in this report as, “any traffic crash where one or more of the traffic controls associated with the incident was a construction or other work zone.” The following is our snapshot summary of their findings.
- Of all Missouri traffic accidents 1.7% involved construction or work zones
- Of all fatal auto accidents in Missouri 1.8% involved a construction or work zone
- In Missouri, every 8.4 hours a person is killed or injured due to a construction or work zone
- In all related crashes 75% of the time an automobile in transport struck another motor vehicle in transport
- 13.7% of the time these accidents were when a single vehicle in transport struck a fixed object
- Urban areas represent 59.6% of work zone or construction zone accidents, while rule areas represent 40.4%
- Of all of these accidents 38.6% occurred on Missouri interstate highways
- Types of vehicles involved in these accidents: 47.2% Automobiles, 16.5% Pickup Trucks, 17.1% Sports Utility Vehicles and 10.1% were Commercial Trucks, Commercial Buses and Semi-Trucks
- The average age in the state of Missouri of a driver involved in a work zone or construction zone accident is 40.5 years of age
- 61.1% of accident victims were male while 38.9% were female
Contact Bishop & Hayes Today
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a work zone or construction zone accident please call the experienced legal team of Brad Bishop and Tim Hayes at Bishop and Hayes P.C. located in Springfield Missouri and Joplin Missouri.